Monday, May 28, 2012

My First iGoogle Experience


Today was my first time experiencing iGoogle, and I absolutely loved it. I was acquainted with some of the tools Google offers such as Google images, Google maps, Google search to name a few. However, I have never heard of iGoogle before. I first thought it was going to be very difficult to set up.  I watched the mini product tour video that was on the site and it did an excellent job explaining how to use iGoogle.  Afterwards, I set up my site with relative ease.  I added a number of gadgets as iGoogle calls them, that are links to some of my favorite web information that I frequently look into.  These include some news, the weather, Facebook, cooking recipes, and other sites with my interests.  It was also very easy to set up my theme and there was a large variety of choices.  The reason I loved it so much is that it is very convenient to have my own start page where all of my preferred sites and web information are located.  While I was setting up my page, I found it very exciting to search through all of the gadgets that my personalized page could have.  

I used Faststone Capture to get the screenshot of my iGoogle page.  It was a very easy program to use.  I used the scroll-down version of the program and it took an image of the entire page.

 Here is a snap shot of my page and the link to it is here.  Enjoy and start your iGoogle page soon!






2 comments:

  1. Looks great Pia! I never would have guessed that you just learned how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!!I found it rather easy!

    ReplyDelete