Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Photovisi for a Spanish Classroom


Hola clase!

After thoroughly examining a number of Web 2.0 tools that are offered, I chose Photovisi to create my collage promoting its use. I began using Picasa but I found it rather complicated, so I continued my search for an easier tool until I found Photovisi. It was very easy to find a template for my collage and also to add items such as text and pictures.

I found Photovisi extremely easy and fun to use when creating posters or collages. I would definitely use this collage maker to create beautiful, “eye candy” posters to enhance learning in my future Spanish classrooms.  I also believe this could be a powerful tool for my students when they have to do presentations. They would be able to make a poster electronically and display it during their presentation using a smart board, instead of having to do it by hand. I feel students would find this much more convenient and fun.

My poster is aimed at two different audiences, teachers and students.  It shows teachers how useful a tool like Photovisi can be, and how they can use it to enhance their classroom and provide information to their students.  I did this through the use of a colorful display and cultural significant pictures to Spanish speaking countries.  I also included a map of South America which can help students learn geography.  The poster not only shows students this information, but helps bring the classroom some color and excitement.  It would also show them that I care about having a fun learning environment.

Here is the website to Photovisi. Enjoy! 




2 comments:

  1. I really like your poster. I can imagine the students in your class looking at that poster and begin an insightful discussion. Very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poster. The bright colors are very eye-catching. I think students would be more engaged if they could use Photovisi to make a poster instead of doing it by hand. I have never used Photovisi before, but it looks it would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete