Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Authentic Assessment ToolKit

Authentic assessment is a form of assessment where students are asked to perform real world tasks that demonstrate understanding and application of the knowledge and skills they have learned. For example, as a Spanish, authentic assessment could include me participating with my students in a class discussion, where they have to showcase their Spanish-speaking skills and grammar abilities. The Authentic Assessment Toolkit is a website that provides teachers numerous resources in order to use authentic assessment in their classrooms. It explains why authentic assessment is important, provides examples of tasks that can be used, and provides rubrics on how to grade authentic assessment activities. I found the information to be a useful resource. I have added it to my bookmarks for future use in developing my lesson plans.

 If you are interested in learning more about authentic assessment, follow this link to the toolkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment