Saturday, June 9, 2012

Productivity Tools: Slide Share






One tool that I explored and thought fit my talents and will meet my classroom needs was PREZI. I had never heard of Prezi before taking Teaching with Technology. Two weeks ago my group mate and I used Prezi to present our group project. I did not have a chance to experience it on my own and develop a Prezi presentation that I could use in my own classroom. So this time I wanted to play with the different items this tool has to offer. I have been using PowerPoint for a couple years now to present information in my classroom presentations at the Mount, and I always thought PowerPoint was an amazing tool to use when teaching in my future classroom. However, I believe Prezi is much more captivating than PowerPoint. Now that I have encountered this presentation tool, I believe I will be using this tool more often in my future Spanish classroom. It is very easy and more convenient to use than PowerPoint.

I pretended to be teaching a lesson on “Spanish Speaking Countries” using Prezi. I created just one slide show with all the information I needed if I were to teach this topic to my students. I thought it was so ideal to have just one slide with the necessary information, instead of multiple. I was able to add text, pictures, videos (directly from Youtube), and create different paths linking the information in the slide show.

I think students would enjoy having lessons presented through Prezi.  I can’t wait to start teaching and be able to use Prezi as one of the many tools technology can offer me and my students.

Here is the Prezi I created if I were to have a Spanish Class! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love Prezi as well. There are so many possibilities with it!

    ReplyDelete