Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My First Voki Experience



I’ve heard of Voki before but I never had the chance to experience it myself. I really enjoyed creating my character since I tried to make it look like me as much as possible. I thought it was very easy to customize my avatar. There were many characters to choose from, all types all clothing, and it even had different types of hair color, eye color, skin color, etc. I loved being able to do that because it helps assimilate the character.  I was even able to add blush and lipstick to my Voki avatar, which I personally appreciated. 

In a Spanish classroom, Voki can be used as part of a writing and speaking assignment, where their introduction is typed and recorded in Spanish.  The avatar from Voki can then be used for online class forums or the class website/blog.  I also feel that this is something most of the students would enjoy and would allow them to increase their skills with technology, which is an essential part of education today since technology is advancing so far.  This is something that will allow students to be creative and they can share it with the class instead of simply standing up and introducing themselves in Spanish in a more “traditional” classroom fashion.

Here is the link to my Voki! Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment